Ruby Blooms

Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine Series 2016 Last Card!!!




Hey Sweeties!!!

Well we made it! This is the last card of the Valentine Series for 2016 and I have had a great time making these cards! Originally when I began this series I only had a few people in mind that I planned on sending or giving a card for Valentine's Day. Jamie (the husband) and I recently made plans to have a game day (table top nerd gaming that is!) with one of our favorite couples. Turns out we will be getting together on Valentine's Day itself and I just could not resist making a card for them. Now I will say that this is the first time I have made a Valentine card for another couple but the image I used really seems to lend itself for this.

I was so very giddy when I realized that the image I wanted to use would look adorably cute on the paper pack that I have been itching to dig into. I tend to get very excited when I see an image I want to use and in my mind the entire card starts coming together all at once, even down to the finishing embellishments and that is exactly what happened with this card.
























 INGREDIENTS:

  • stamp is from Simon Says Stamp Newton's Nook
  • all the papers used are from the 6x6 collection from Dovecraft
  • the heart bling in the corner I pieced together from pearls from BoBunny and from my stash 
  • colored wih copics
  • added some shimmer with Wink of Stella to the kitties' collars and to the Eiffel Tower that is on the background paper and the crown
  • stamped the image on the inside with My Favorite Things hybrid ink in bubblegum 
  • the little stickers on the inside are from a card kit I got from SFL
I am so grateful for those of you who have taken the time to read these entries. I hope you enjoy them and please keep stopping by whenever you are able to! Please feel free to leave a comment and even share what you are doing to celebrate Valentine's Day and the ones you love.

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment