Ruby Blooms

Monday, February 1, 2016

Can't Catch a Break!

Hello Everybody!

I was so happy I was feeling better and almost completely myself again. The nagging tickle in my throat I kept getting each time I tried to lay down was going away and I was planning on a fun and productive weekend. And then...Saturday both of my eyes are itchy, red, and oozy...eww I know. I have only had conjunctivitis or "pink eye" as it is commonly known twice before and it is certainly a distinct feeling. So of course all my plans were cancelled my loving hubby went and got me some eye drops and I have been hiding indoors yet again because I know how contagious pink eye can be. I have washed my hands dozens of times and have been vigilant about not touching my face whilst interacting with anything else.

I have even stayed on my side of the couch and away from Jamie because I didn't want him to get it and at first I thought he still might be able to make it to hang out with our friends, but we were both worried that he may be a carrier and we did NOT want to be responsible for passing this mess along to anyone so he stayed home too.

Between arriving back in the States on January 16th (a Saturday) then on Tuesday January 19th coming down with the flu (I guess that's what it was: chills, fever, body aching so bad I didn't care what happened to me or around me) and then finally feeling human again by Friday, January 29th and then being hit with pink eye on Saturday January 30th I feel like I CAN'T CATCH A BREAK!!!

Is is the pollen, the ragweed, the hay fever? I have no idea, all I know is that I traveled to several different countries the last 6 months and did not get sick like this. (I had a couple of incidents that I could follow back to something I ate but nothing major or long lasting.) So I gotta say I don't feel very welcomed home! (Ooh starting to sound a little bitter, it's the drugs talking, oh wait I haven't taken any drugs...)

Alright, my venting has subsided and I am really grateful and fortunate to have a spot out here on the world wide web to come and get this stuff off my chest! So thank you for indulging me in this little pity party and now I am ready to move on. Luckily for anyone who may happen to come across this post I am not going to share a picture of my pink eye situation and oh yes, I have one, a really gross one too but I feel it would be an overshare and might put quite the damper on a Monday now that I think about it a little more, so let's just say it was ew! Like Jimmy Fallon's character on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Ew! Don't know what I'm talking about? Check it out here!

Thanks again for indulging this little rant and I am so happy to feel like I am just a few days from being 100%.

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment