Ruby Blooms

Monday, February 29, 2016

Food, Food, Food!!!


Found this image when I searched for "free clip art of food journal" yeah, I've felt this before...




I swear sometimes I think about food as much or more than teenagers think about sex! I have said it before and I will probably say it forever - I wish I could just eat without having to weigh it, count it, and see how it measures up in my carb count for the day! What's the comeback? "If wishes were fishes we'd all swim in riches." Yeah, yeah, yeah-sometimes a girl just needs to gripe a little!

I AM making progress, I have walked Cookie every day except Wednesday and I have put down every morsel that has gone into my mouth all week long. I skipped writing down the amounts on Saturday though not really sure for what purpose, maybe I was just rebelling.

Creating a menu for the week is very helpful. We buy fresh meats, fruits, and veggies (heavy on the veggies) and that seems to be working to keep my mouth and tummy satisfied. It is my BRAIN that I am struggling with! The week before last I had been craving Lay's potato chips and Lay's French Onion dip (quite a specific craving-I know). So when it was time to go to the grocery store I figured I would buy it, have it, and get it out of my system.

The first serving went very well, I weighed it all out, put in a bowl and had it as my afternoon snack. That was around 4:30 that afternoon. I ate it slowly enjoying every bit of it. I then proceeded to think about the rest of the chips and dip and how easy it would be to just go get more. I thought about it and envisioned myself walking to the pantry and make it happen for the REST OF THE NIGHT!!!

We went to bed around 10:30 that night, Jamie was tired and I just wanted to go to sleep and NOT think about food anymore! Maybe it was too soon to work that type of food into my day but I have learned from experience that if I am craving a food that much I should have it or I will eat more of other foods trying to satisfy that want and then still end up having the food I was craving in the first place. I thought it was reasonable to think that I could portion it out and add it to my menu.

Now that I have had the chips and dip (which I devoured in replacement of my lunch on Saturday) it will be a long while (I'm talking over a year or so) before I will have a craving for it again.

On the bright side I've made it through my first craving and didn't throw in the towel of accounting for what I put in my mouth. This will probably resonate with some of you and make others of you wonder what the issue is. Eh, we all have our things and food is one of mine (yeah, I've got multiple things). However, I choose to be accountable because I choose to do what I can to be a healthier me and I get the chance to make that choice every time I eat.

Thank you for stopping by and letting me vent!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment