Ruby Blooms

Monday, February 8, 2016

Hesitant Shopper No More!!!

Hi Everybody!

There is an issue that I didn't think was an issue until my recent experience (which is what today's post is about) however said issue drives my husband crazy. The issue is this: I am a hesitant shopper. So what I mean by that is I will see something, really want it, and then have to take some time to think about it. I may take days, weeks, months, and yes sometimes even years before deciding to actually purchase the item I initially wanted. At home in the States this method has typically served me well as often times by waiting I will get the item at a good discount or will find an item I would rather have. While living in Ireland...not so much.

So what had happened was...I had been in and out of a great Irish souvenir shop called Carroll's Irish Gifts and had seen the cutest mug that was covered in photos of Dublin's iconic places and items in black and white while having a few items like the double decker bus etc. in color.  I would love to show you a picture of this mug but alas I do not have one. Every time I saw the mug in a shop (many places we visited had this same mug) I would think to myself "you are living here you do NOT need a mug". So I didn't get it and I didn't get it and I didn't get it.

Fast forward to our last night in Dublin and I had decided that I wanted that mug. We had company with us and since it was our last night in Dublin we wanted to go out for dinner and have Bangers & Mash one more time. So we went out and then after dinner I dragged everyone to Carroll's to get my mug but they were closed. There was a chance that another Carroll's that was close by might be open so I dragged everybody over there but that one was closed too. Grrr! Now mind you it was cold and windy and not pleasant at all! So I had everybody tromping through city center for nothing! The store has a website so I went online to find it and the store no longer carries that mug. I found another mug that I liked so I ordered it. It came in the other day and I was so excited! I found the scissors, opened the box, unwrapped the bubble wrap and discovered my new mug was BROKEN!!!


Unbelievable! So I sent an email to the store and they were incredibly helpful and attentive but because the item was so inexpensive and the cost to replace it and cover shipping just didn't make sense so they issued me a refund. No Dublin mug for me. :(

 Lesson learned! In the future I will not procrastinate if it is something I really want. I got the "I told you so" look from Jamie (let's face it I got that look every time I mentioned the mug incident). Almost every morning when I go to get my coffee I think about the absence of my Dublin mug and shake my head to myself. Why must I always learn things the hard way?

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :)


No comments:

Post a Comment