Ruby Blooms

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Scrapbook Blessings Club Challenge: Christmas Card Valentine

I have decided to participate in February's challenge over at Scrapbook Blessings Club or SBC for short. It is quite a clever challenge! The rules are this: you can make whatever you like (I made a card-surprising I know) it has to be a Valentine related item and here's the challenge...wait for it...you must make your Valentine related item with CHRISTMAS SUPPLIES!!!

So clever! I read about this challenge on their blog a couple of days ago and really wanted to participate but was afraid that I might be too late. Lucky for me (and even you, if you are so inclined) entries are accepted until the last day of the month by 11pm. It was a lot of fun digging into my Christmas stash and deciding what could be used to create a Valentine's card. It turned out to be quite easy so many items were just wintry and not exclusively Christmas related.

These are the items that I pulled together for this card:

 Ingredients:

  • I used the sentiment from the La La Land stamp set "Marci with Christmas Ornament" well a piece of the sentiment I masked off the words I didn't want
  • I have no clue where the patterned paper comes from because it was in my Christmas stash :(   Sorry
  • the little snowman is C.C. Designs "Nerdy Snowman"
  • the snowflakes were made with a Martha Stewart snowflake punch (the snowflake border punch just wasn't working for me)
  • I punched a heart out with a punch from Creative Memories "Friendship Micro Marker"
  • I covered the snowflakes with clear Wink of Stella pen to make them sparkly, I also colored in the heart with a pink Wink of Stella
  • since the little nerdy snowman is wearing glasses I filled the lenses in with Glossy Accents
  • I still felt like it was missing something so I added Stickles in frosted lace to create the look of snow


Here it is, isn't he adorable? I am very happy with him and will have to save him for someone really special. As per my usual most of these supplies (if not all of them) were acquired from Scrapping For Less. If you are up to the challenge I encourage you to go over to Scrapbook Blessings Club and give it a go! Oh and please feel free to leave any comments down below and thank you so much for stopping by!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment