Ruby Blooms

Monday, February 15, 2016

Plan It!

Hi Everybody!

Hope you are having a great President's Day (maybe even getting in on some great President's Day sales, ya know, like the Forefathers intended)!

Anyway I wanted to talk about planning today, more accurately planners themselves. I have been looking for a good planner for a couple of years now and have looked at several. I went to Target, Staples, Office Depot, I searched online and considered buying an Erin Condren planner but just couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger. (I lucked out and one of my friends gave me an Erin Condren planner that they found on discount at Office Depot, it turned out to be a really great planner.) Then I came across an album of planners on Scrapping For Less while looking for my 2016 planner and my search was over!


The planner I chose is from Simple Stories and is called Carpe Diem planner. One of the reasons I really like this planner is that it is blank and you are able to write in your dates. That feature works for me especially this year because I was still out of the country when the year started and didn't have Scrapping For Less send it to me in Ireland because I didn't want to pay the postage since it would only be a few weeks. So I didn't use January but it won't go to waste either. I put it at the back of the planner and I will be able to use it next year!

It is full of inspiring sayings and I love the color as well. I really like to have the option to fill out what I want to accomplish in the day because it helps me organize my thoughts. I also like the perpetual calendar that is at the front of the planner so I can put down birthdays I want to remember. There are others available at Scrapping For Less as well but this is the one I thought would work best for me.

I wanted to share this planner because it took me so long to find one that I was really a fan of and that I felt was as flexible as what I was looking for. Hope this helps and that you are able to find a planner that will work for you.  Do you all use a planner that you write in or do you use your phone or both? I use both, I like to keep details written down while I put the main events on my phone especially the ones that I want to share with my husband so that we aren't constantly having to ask each other if we are available on certain dates.



Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment