Ruby Blooms

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

2016 Holiday Series #9


Hi!

 I come to you today with card #9 which is turning out to be one of my favorites but it was incredibly easy to put together! I truly enjoy coloring images and sometimes I get so wrapped up in the stamps I want to use and color that I forget what adorable cards can be created without ever stamping an image. Which is exactly how this card was created.

Doodlebug Design is one of my favorite companies, I rarely find myself not wanting every single thing they release. Everything on this card is by Doodlebug Design from the paper I used to the doodle pop deer, snowflakes, heart and even the sentiment came from Doodlebug.


I chose the different patterned papers because even though they are different they all complement each other. I cut a circle out of plain white paper so that the deer would be seen more easily. I also stood them at the same level as the diagonal striped paper to ground them, I didn't want them to look like they were floating in the white ball. Inside the 6x6 paper pad I used (which I know was from last year because it was in my stash it might even be from the year before) there are little squares with sentiments on them and when I saw the above sentiment it was perfect.

This is a very simple finish to the inside of the card but it is just enough to pull the whole card together and give enough room for a sentiment inside if I want and/or a personal message. I tend to do both for Christmas cards because writing out Merry Christmas brings on hand cramps rather quickly! 

This card was simple and sweet to make and a fun change from my norm. All my supplies were purchased from Scrapping For Less and if you love Doodlebug Design as much as I do I suggest you head to FaceBook to join the pre-order group and also take a look at scrappingforless.com because there are some really great Doodlebug items currently available on the website.

Also don't forget to check out Fresh and Renewed for more Holiday inspiration! 

Thank you so much for spending some time with me and I hope your come back to visit again very soon!!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment