Ruby Blooms

Friday, December 2, 2016

2016 Holiday Card Series: #4


Well Helloooo! 

So here we are moving right along to card #4, another image from Stamping Bella (told you I love them). I was concerned about cutting this one out but I really didn't want to do a scene or mask anything off I wanted to use the fun paper and have the sentiment on the outside so I focused on cutting her out with a small white space around her. I definitely had to take my time but I find "fussy cutting" (where you cut something out by hand) to be relaxing. My mind tends to wonder as I move my paper this way and that so that I get the cut I want.
Used Stamping Bella "Uptown Girl Posh has a Present", colored the image with my Copic Markers.
 The little label I put the sentiment on is a punch I have in my stash and thought it was the perfect size and nicely filled in some of the empty space on the front of the card.
I really liked the way the inside of the card looks with the sentiment stamped in the lower right hand corner. This way there is still a well wish on the inside but also plenty of room to write a personal message as well.
This stamp that I used today is from a while back however Stamping Bella did have a new release this year full of Holiday stamps that are just begging to be colored! Go check them out over at the Scrapping for Less FaceBook Group and there are still great products to be had if you are making your cards or if you just up and decide that you want to make something over at the website scrappingforless.com. With the items shipping out next day you are still in plenty of time to get creative whether you want to make cards or work on a project!

Additional inspiration is just a click away at Teresa's blog Fresh and Renewed where she is joining me in creating a Holiday card series on her blog too!

Thank you so much for joining me as I share my cards with you and a few thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment below I would LOVE to hear from you!!!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment