Ruby Blooms

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday!!! Better late than never?

I would love to call this a bonus blog entry but I would only be fooling myself. The last 72 hours have been a heck of a whirlwind! Friday morning the 15th we woke up in Spain then that afternoon we flew to Dublin and spent the evening there. We went out to dinner with our visiting family and enjoyed one last wonderful dish of bangers and mash from the Brazen Head, Dublin's oldest pub. We were curious about a book that was on the shelf in the room we were dining in and discovered that it was a guest book so we signed it, me, hubby, and my sis in law were so excited. After dinner Jamie and I had to go back to our hotel room to repack for our trip back to the States. Our company got to go hang out in the very swanky bar that was located downstairs in our hotel, lucky ducks! 



The next morning we got up and had breakfast and then headed back to the airport. That nine hour flight back to Orlando was a (insert choice curse word here)! I tried to sleep but that just was not happening but I did get to watch three movies! However this is not what I want to talk about this is just a very long explanation of why I flaked out on Friday's post. 
Our last ride to the airport getting ready to say good bye to Dublin. 

Sooo all that to start the actual post which is all about Granada. Such a beautiful city!!! We did one of the most fun things I have ever done on a vacation. We took a two hour tour on Segways!!! It was amazing. We got to ride around the city and our tour guide, Manuel, took us to amazing viewpoints to get pictures and see the city. We went to one that was an amazing viewpoint of the palaces. 


No matter which way I looked I was impressed by the landscape and the mountains it was all beautiful! After our Segway tour we went to the palaces and walked up a rather steep incline to get to the entrance. The landscape was so perfect! It was nothing compared to the palace. Everywhere I looked it seemed as though there was something breathtaking. I could not believe how chilly it was getting inside of the palace as the sun went down but it was made from stone, marble and tile and was just gorgeous! 
I am standing in one of the very large doors in one of the many courtyards.
This is the ceiling, I can't imagine how long this must have taken! 



We left the palace and headed back to the resort since we had to get dinner, pack up and wanted to relax and enjoy our last night in Spain. We hope to return to Spain for sure it was beautiful and there was still so much more that we would love to explore! Thanks so much for indulging me and letting me share this experience with you all!!! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment