Ruby Blooms

Monday, April 11, 2016

Fruits!!!

Welcome!

The other day I pulled into my driveway and was getting ready to bring the groceries inside when I looked over to our pineapple plant and realized we had a flower growing out of the top. Now that flower will become a pineapple (I have no idea how much longer hat will take though). I am always surprised how happy it makes me to see these things happening before my eyes. A few days after I discovered that  the pineapple was making progress I was in my office (still haven't come up with a clever name for it) I looked out the window that faces the backyard and realized that the flower on the banana tree had bloomed and there is a bunch of bananas coming in!

Watching these fruits come to fruition (ha ha ha) I am made aware of how much goes in to growing food for all of us to consume. Every week I buy bananas, strawberries, and veggies and often don't think about all that goes into getting that wonderful food from seed to my table. The pineapple could easily take another year before it is ready to be picked and eaten. The bananas that I discovered the beginning of April will not be ready to be taken until around the 4th of July! When I think about this the enormity of what it means to feed people consistently truly hits me and I am so grateful for growers, farmers etc. 

Right now I think it looks like a pine cone growing out of the center, looks so exotic!


These are called Ice Cream Social because they are so small and sweet, unlike the store bought bananas these are best when the skin is mostly black...

So beautiful AND edible, just amazing! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment