Ruby Blooms

Friday, November 11, 2016

Confessions of a Night Owl

Hi Everyone!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/243194526/baby-owl-cartoon-drawing-mouse-pad-cute

I am a night owl. I was raised as a night owl, my mother was a night owl. It is in my blood. She LOVED to play bingo and when she would come home late after a bingo game (typically around midnight) she would wake me up and we would go into the living room and have a snack while watching a television show (usually SOAP, Golden Girls, or Designing Women). That was very special to me.

I also hated going to bed, I always have, I don't want to miss anything! I remember staying up into the wee hours of the morning playing Mario Brothers on my Nintendo or watching movies like Look Who's Talking, or Steel Magnolias. I remember staying up all night long talking with my cousin when she came to visit and the house was quiet. Then as I got older and began to scrapbook then make cards I would go to crops and we would all be laughing and talking and creating and I would stay up until my eyelids just wouldn't obey me anymore. I loved it! Staying up late for me has always felt special, like you're stealing time. Even now around 10pm I hit a second wind and I want to DO something, make something, sometimes yeah, even clean something.

In reality my schedule isn't like that though. It can't be in order for me to be awake and present when I need to be and do the things I need to do on a daily basis. I am a stay at home wife by choice and I take on the responsibility of doing all the house stuff, all the food stuff, all the stuff I used to spend one of my weekend days doing to get ready for the work week and keep life moving along. I now do all of that while my husband is off at work so that when he is home our time together is just that- ours. While I love that benefit of being a housewife and my weekends no long feel robbed while having to adult for the upcoming week my creativity doesn't always willingly follow a schedule.

I guess this little chat will fall under "getting something off my chest" because I don't have an answer or a plan to change it. I am just acknowledging that even when I am dead tired because I have been up since 6:30 or 7 AM no lie, 10 or 11pm rolls around and I want to start a card or color an image. I typically refrain and go on to bed because I have tried staying up in the past only to sit in a tired stupor in front of what I am working on. Maybe I am just looking to commiserate if there are any you out there like me...A night owl, living the life of a morning person...not the attitude of a morning person mind you, but at least the schedule.

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,

Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment