Ruby Blooms

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Extending Easter 2016


Happy Belated Easter!

I hope you spent the day exactly where you wanted to be. Whether it was at church, at an Easter egg hunt, at a family dinner or all of the above, wherever you spent it I hope it was where you wanted to be! I had big plans for Easter cards this year, I wanted to do a series and make several cards using several stamps that I haven't gotten to use (I bought a few of them over two years ago!) but alas that was not to be. I promise all I did was go outside and hose down our front porch because we had company coming over and it hadn't been done since before last summer. I started sneezing that afternoon and two days after although I never ran a fever or anything I felt poopy!

Turns out that here in Florida we have an excess of pollen, our car even seems to keep a dusting of yellow on it and I am figuring that was the culprit. It was weird because I felt bad enough to not want to do anything but good enough that not doing anything was driving me crazy! I did end up making a couple of Easter cards finally, one of them using my Silhouette Cameo but I forgot to take a picture of that one and it would figure that one was the only one I mailed.



I do have one to share with you though, this image is so sweet and it reminds me of when I was little and participated in egg hunts. The stamp itself is from Stampendous and the image created by Mo Manning, she has an incredible talent for drawing people especially children.

Supplies:
  • background paper is from my stash
  • image from Stampendous
  • washi tape from Echo Park (sorry can't remember the name)
  • colored with Copic markers
  • added a little shimmer with clear Wink of Stella pen
  • covered shoes with Glossy Accents
  • sentiment is a clear stamp from my stash
  • colored the eggs with Smooch accent ink

 I hope you enjoy this card. Thank you for stopping by and please come back soon!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment