Ruby Blooms

Friday, April 15, 2016

April Showers:Dragonfly Journeys Challenge # 52

Hi and welcome!

Today is April 15th and I am wondering who out there at least in the United States is frantically getting their taxes together or filing for an extension. I am also thinking about how grateful I am to the creators of TurboTax and that my husband is so willing to do our taxes. Doing the taxes falls under the category of "I know HOW to do them but thanks be to GOD that I don't have to do them!

Anyhoo....(yes I know that's not a real word) back to the reason I am here. April! As I write this post I am looking out my front window at a tree across the street that is just beginning to get little vibrantly pink flowers on it and this is what happens in April. Those flowers will become more and more beautiful and abundant as we move into May. This brings me to the challenge I am entering over at Dragonfly Journeys, #52 the theme: April Showers/Umbrellas/Rain.


I went with umbrellas, the image I used is from The Greeting Farm and the little umbrellas paper is from a 6x6 pad I have in my stash. The letters I used to spell out spring was from a Doodlebug Design Icons sheet. I used Wink of Stella in yellow to bling up the buttons and in clear to bling up her boots and the umbrella. I also used Glossy Accents and added it to her eyes, the buttons, her boots, and the umbrella. I wish the photo would have picked up how shiny this makes the items look.

It's not too late for you to join as well! What a great way to unwind from the work week right?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment