Ruby Blooms

Friday, December 9, 2016

2016 Holiday Series #7


Happy Friday!!! 





I am back with card #7!  There is an artist out there and I have written about her before but this image is also one her creations. The image is called "Christmas Kiss" and the artist is Mo Manning, she is also an illustrator. This image is large, beautiful and fun to color with various mediums. This go round I chose to watercolor. 

For the background I used a stencil from MFT and Bo Bunny's glitter paste in gold. If you have never used glitter paste just make sure that you tape down your stencil so that the paste won't slip underneath, use a firm spatula and clean your spatula and stencil up with warm water immediately after using it. You can also use a soft bristle brush to remove the paste. Pull your tape up gently so as not to tear your paper, I haven't used it yet myself but many others that I follow have mentioned great success using micropore tape.

I stamped this out onto Strathmore watercolor paper in Versafine ink because it's waterproof and then I Gansai Tambi watercolors to color the image. I didn't go over it with the sparkle I typically use because I didn't want to ruin it since I had used watercolor. 
I did a second generation stamp on the inside and I forgot to mention that on the inside and the outside I used Smooches in Gold and went around the edge of the paper.

Keep in mind that this card is 6x6 so it is rather large and I will also be making my own envelope because I don't typically make cards this large so I don't keep a supply of such large envelopes but hey, that's why I invested in We R Memory Keepers' envelope punch board.

All of these materials I acquired through Scrapping For Less, if you are looking to replenish your supplies or want to try a few new items head on over to scrappingforless.com for great items at terrific prices! Oh and all Christmas items are currently on sale!  For more inspiration you should check out Fresh and Renewed by Teresa Russell.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Get out there and make some memories!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment