Ruby Blooms

Monday, March 21, 2016

How Did This Happen!?!


Hi! I hope you are having a wonderful day so far! I am in the mood to tackle big things today, it is a new week and I have gotten through my to do list as it pertains to the main living parts of my house. Now it is time...time to move on to the room I have been avoiding, the one that I go to when I am holding an item that doesn't yet have a living space and drop it off closing the door behind me with a sigh of relief (a sigh that is tinged with the knowing that I will have to face it eventually) and go on with whatever I am in the middle of. So here I am looking at this room that I have taken a picture of and I am asking myself "How DID this happen?"

I have a small home. It is approximately 1000 sq. feet with three bedrooms, one and a half baths, a galley kitchen, a small dining area just off a small living room with a one car garage that used to be a carport. Our home is the perfect size for me and my husband. I don't know about you but I seem to change things around in our little space quite frequently. As our lives change our needs for what we are using our rooms for have changed with us. While my husband was going through college one of our bedrooms served as his office. Before I was a SAHW I worked for a company as an at home agent so the other bedroom was my office.

Now my office has become our office (he is currently looking for a new job so we don't expect him to need it for long),  and the way I have my work space set up his side I only use now and then. I have been given third bedroom to turn into a guest bedroom and I am super excited (we have lived here right at eight years) but when I look at this room right now I feel overwhelmed. Over the years I have come to realize that in our space less feels better. The end tables you see in this picture were in our living room but were taking up too much room holding a lot of clutter. I was going to donate them but have decided to re-purpose them to our master closet to hold some of my clothing. I have decided to donate the chair because there is just no room for it.

In the closet of this room is where our router and printer lives and for now that is the best place for them. This room has become the dumping ground for mismatched tools and things that probably should have gone straight to the garbage (my husband has a knack for claiming that he doesn't feel comfortable making that decision so he leaves it up to me, I am NOT falling for this!). I am envisioning creating a reading room with a sleeper sofa for company so that we don't have a room that we hardly ever use, that would drive me crazy! So I will do my best to post an update as I work my way through this mess.

Do you have any spaces in your home like this? A room, a closet, a sun room, a porch, a garage (crap! I have one of those too!). Let me know if you've found a way to organize it and keep it organized (herein lies the rub for me) or if you are in the process or just plain gave up (no judgement I promise!)

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading through a bit of my life, I appreciate you listening!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment