Ruby Blooms

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Valentine Series 2016 #4



TGIF!!!!

Happy Friday everybody, well it was Friday when I started this post! (I am easily distracted and apparently cannot watch American Idol and type)  ;)  Here we go into the weekend and here I am with one of the sweetest images I think I have ever found! This image makes me think of the conversation hearts candy which I loved as a kid which is ridiculous because now when I see that candy I think "eww I'm not wasting my carbs on those!". Thankfully I don't have to make carb choices when card making! Yay!!!



Ingredients:


  • image is a digi stamp from Saturated Canary LLC, created by Krista Smith
  • striped patterned paper is from BoBunny #foreveryoung collection 6x6 paper pad which I purchased from Scrapping For Less
  • wooden embellishment with sentiment is from Crate Paper Kiss Kiss wood pieces also from SFL (Scrapping For Less)
  • yellow cardstock was from my stash
  • the sweet little enamel heart stickers were part of SFL's 2015 card kit (I think it was February but not completely sure)
  • Wink of Stella on the hearts in her hair and on her leg warmers (that's what I'm calling them) and also on the hearts in the box and the one in her hands
  • Glossy Accents on her eyes (one of my favorite things about the Saturated Canary characters) and her lips
One last thing: If you are making a card with an image like this and are fussy cutting it out I picked up a great tip from Kristina Werner about taking a black ink marker and running it along the edges of the image. It gives it a clear, crisp, more finished look and can also hide any little scissor slips you may have along the way. 

I am missing my buddy Teresa but for an excellent reason. She is off lending a helping hand and some much needed TLC to my friend and her sister Beth. If you are looking for some inspiration on card making, goal setting, or just a pick me up check out her blog at Fresh and Renewed

Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoy this little gal, she is so sweet I want to print out a bunch of her and color her in a ton of different color combos! Happy Weekend!!!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment