Ruby Blooms

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

I LOVE Dies!!!!



Hi Again!

Sooo....let's talk about dies. Do you use them? Do you love them? Do you know what they are? Just in case you are new to the world of dies they are thin metal that are in a specific shape and when you run them through a die cutting machine (like a Big Kick, Cuttlebug, or Vagabond) with paper under the die the metal die cuts out the image. You will see what I am talking about in the picture of the card because the bench that I use on the card is a die that I have.

I do own a Silhouette Cameo and I like it although I am still learning how to use it so I may grow to love it but the jury is still out on that. I do know that I LOVE dies, they are beautiful, quick, and easy to use!!! My collection keeps growing and growing and growing and I look forward to growing it even more! If you haven't used dies before I implore you to give them a try I would be surprised if you don't end up loving them too. Oh and did I mention they cut through several different types of material? Cardstock, felt, vinyl and others.

For this card I used two different dies. The white bench (I wish I had taken a picture of it so you could better see the intricacy of the bench) and the grass at the bottom. I colored the sky with distress ink in Tumbled Glass and China Blue. I colored the bottom with Mowed Lawn. I went over the die cut out of grass with a Wink of Stella brush pen in light green. The sentiment stamp is from Technique Tuesday and I embossed it using white embossing powder over Versa Mark ink. I colored the image with Copic markers, used a white pen to color in the whites of her eyes and then added Glossy Accents to her eyes and lips as well to make them shiny.


As I was gathering information for the writing of this entry I came across a give away. One that will allow you a chance to enter and allow me a chance to gain extra entries as well! Click here and it will take you to the site so you can enter to win. Good luck!!!

All the items I used to create this card I purchased from Scrapping For Less. If you are in the market for the most current cardmaking, paper crafting, or scrapbooking products I promise you will have a hard time finding better prices or products anywhere else!

Thank you so much for joining me today, have a wonderful weekend!!!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment