Ruby Blooms

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Birthday Series 2016 #4

Hi ya's!

Today's card was a lot of fun to make! Although I have to admit that using distress inks to create a background really is one of my favorite techniques to use. My card isn't a one layer card but this technique is perfect to make a one layer card. (I just happened to stamp the image on a card front sized piece of paper before I decided what I was going to do.)

I wanted to create a ground for the little elephant to be walking on but had just made a card recently where I used distress inks to create grass colors and didn't want to repeat that. I decided I really wanted to use gray and then the sidewalk idea seemed to be the best choice. I don't seem to be capable of making a card without putting some Wink of Stella on it to bling things up (and honestly why would you want to! Um....hellooo!) and added it to the balloons. I wish it showed up on the pictures better (or at all!). 

Sooo here it is.....



INGREDIENTS:
  • Bunch of Balloons stamp by Wild Rose Studio
  • image colored with Copic markers
  • Inkadinkado masking paper used to mask off the stamped image 
  • Ranger distress inks minis and mini blending tool used to create sky and sidewalk
  • Wink of Stella used on balloons to give it a shimmer
  • sentiments are from a discontinued AmyR stamp set HB2U
*all of the ingredients I used were purchased from Scrapping For Less

My collection of birthday cards is coming along quite nicely and I have decided to also begin working on building up my stash of other cards as well because it certainly seems as though the need for wedding, baby, congratulations, get well and (most unfortunately) sympathy cards arise without warning and during a time when things are too hectic to sit down and make a card.

For those of you who make cards and those of you who buy your cards how do you store them? I am currently using a Creative Memories photo box to keep mine in because it is black and will protect them from light, dust, etc. Thank you for stopping by and spending some time with me today!

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment