Ruby Blooms

Friday, October 3, 2014

Halloween Card #1

I LOVE Halloween! I love the colors, the costumes, the makeup and the candy. That being said I don't do gory or gruesome. I like cute! Cute, cute, cute! We don't get trick or treaters in my neighborhood and haven't for years (which is probably for the best since we would eat a good portion of the candy that we had meant to give out).

Here's a bit of the conundrum that I am in...I really enjoy making Halloween cards but I don't send Halloween cards to anyone. I know, what a problem right? Well some might decide that since I don't send Halloween cards to anyone then there's no reason to make them and they would certainly have a good point. Not me though! I refuse to be deterred, I so enjoy making them and I so enjoy the adorable stamps and embellies that are out there to be used that I have decided to make them anyway!

I have so many cards that I want to make and so many different techniques that I want to try that I will have more than I will need for my own family and friends so I have decided to put the extras up on Etsy, hopefully my cards will find a home.

I am so excited about Halloween that I have already started making cards! So here is the first one to kick it off!



This little guy, Darling Dragon Luka, is a stamp from La La Land Crafts (have I mentioned I LOVE dragons, oh and La La Land Crafts?) I colored the image using Letraset Promarkers and used Wink of Stella on the dragon's tummy, horns and pads of his feet.

I really like the look of cards that have a finished inside I first saw Amy Rysavy on Prairie Paper and Ink finish the inside of her card and I was smitten! I think it's such a nice touch. I do have a few cards that I haven't finished the inside but when I can I certainly prefer to.


I cut the spooky house with my Slice machine and used one of the dies out of Blueprints 19 from My Favorite Things, it cuts this perfectly wonky little shape out and fits just right on a card. I also used a banner die for the inside sentiment. For the outside sentiment I just eyeballed it and cut the fishtail flag by hand with scissors (always a trial and error).

The polka dotted paper came out of my stash but I am pretty sure it is Doodlebug Design paper. Now THAT'S a paper company that's got some cute paper!!!

Thanks for stopping by, gotta go color something else that's too cute to spook!  :)

Wishing you sunshine and smiles,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment